4 medium sweet potatoes
1 tin of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp of each of the following: cumin, coriander, cinnamon, paprika
Pinch of sea salt
Garlic Herb Sauce:
1/4 cup tahini
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp dried dill
3 cloves garlic, minced
Water to thin
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup chopped parsley, minced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and cut in half-length wise.
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with a bit of olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Prepare your sauce by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine, only adding enough water to thin so it’s pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed – Add more garlic for more zing, salt for savoriness, lemon juice for freshness, and dill for a more intense herb flavor.
- Prepare the parsley-tomato topping by tossing tomato and parsley with lemon juice and setting aside to marinate.
- For serving, flip potatoes flesh-side up and smash down the insides a little bit. Then top with chickpeas, sauce and parsley-tomato garnish. Serve immediately.